Solar for Schools
A smarter outcome for our schools
The education sector is facing a wave of challenges including the integration of new technology, adapting curriculum, creation of new course materials and methods, managing a diverse workforce and student body, all whilst trying to achieve sustainability goals and agenda.
Hillbrook Anglican School, Enoggera, Queensland
Educational institutions have turned to proven and reliable renewable solutions to power their energy demands, lower energy operating costs and educate and inform the next generation of leaders to support the creation of a more sustainable future.
Solar PV represents an opportunity to reduce operating costs without impacting daily operations. Innovative finance models such as Power Purchase Agreement or Chattel Mortgage enable savings from day one with no upfront capital outlay.
Solar is particularly attractive for educational institution facilities for the following reasons:
- Education facilities have a consistent load profile. Most of the consumption occurs during daytime hours. By optimising the solar PV capacity most of the daytime load is offset by the solar generation coinciding with greatest energy and cost savings.
- Education facilities have a high baseline energy consumption and electricity represents a significant cost to the organisation.
- Solar offers significant energy and costs savings and helps protect against future increases in electricity costs.
- Solar helps achieve internal sustainability goals and reduce carbon footprint.
- Educational institution facilities and amenities buildings have large open roof spaces well suited for solar PV.
- Solar is a low-risk strategy to reduced operating costs.
Bayside P-12 College – Paisley Campus, Newport, Victoria
Matthew Flinders Anglican College, Buderim, Queensland
“We selected Planet Ark Power based upon the quality of knowledge and advice provided by them, past experience, and their unreserved commitment to customer service”
Sharon Verrinder, Finance Director, Matthew Flinders Anglican College.