Planet Ark Power are currently investigating suitable solar farm sites in NSW and Queensland. We continue to seek suitable sites to develop solar farms across Australia.
- We are flexible and can take small to large land parcels.
- Smaller 10 ha sites or greater than 100 acres (40 ha) but with proximity to high voltage electrical transmission lines or substations.
- Feel free to contact with us, to informally discuss the potential of developing a solar farm asset on your property.
- A solar farm lease can potentially unlock long term income without all the hard work and financial risks associated with farming.
Landowners considering a solar land lease should think about their land’s current and future uses and values. Solar energy land leases can sometimes generate more revenue than agricultural uses and provide a steady and predictable stream of revenue for many years, eliminating much of the cyclical uncertainty of agricultural activities.
Typical timeline for a solar energy lease:
- Site identification and lease negotiation, lease signed (0-3 months)
- Development period (1-3 years)
- Construction period (3-12 months)
- Operations period (20-25 years, plus extensions)
- Decommissioning, removal, and site restoration (3-12 months)