Our Privacy Commitment
- eleXsys Group* and its subsidiaries are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, shareholders, employees, agents, job applicants and all those who we deal within our business.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by us from such risks as loss, unauthorised access, destruction, modification or disclosure.
- We will comply with all relevant privacy laws, including the requirements under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APP), and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
*eleXsys Group includes the subsidiaries of eleXsys Holdings Ltd, namely: eleXsys Energy Pty Ltd trading as Planet Ark Power, eleXsys R&D Pty Ltd and eleXsys Asset Management Pty Ltd.
*Planet Ark Power is the trading name of eleXsys Energy Pty Ltd under license from Planet Ark Environmental Solutions Pty Ltd.
Our policy defines ‘personal information’, in line with the Privacy Act, to mean any information that can be used to identify you, including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Our policy explains the credit reporting bodies and service providers we disclose credit information to, how eleXsys Group collects credit rating information from credit rating bodies and how to access and correct your credit information.
Why do we collect your information?
- To provide you with our Solar and energy related services and associated offers which may be of value to you.
- To gain a better understanding of your electricity needs in order for us to provide you with a better service.
- To process your orders or applications which may include credit checks and scoring.
- To administer your account.
- To action enquiries, complaints or other customer care activities.
- To carry out market and product analysis.
- To offer you the benefits of additional products, rewards, discounts or loyalty programs.
- To carry out activities in connection with a governmental or regulatory requirement of us, or in connection with legal proceedings.
If a customer cannot not provide the minimally required information, we are unable to proceed with the provision of our products and services to that customer.
Is there a legal basis for using your information (GDPR)?
eleXsys may collect and use your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
What personal information do we collect?
- your name and contact details;
- identification details (such as date of birth);
- current and previous addresses;
- your organisation and position, where your organisation has a business dealing with us;
- information on your use of our products and services, including use of our websites;
- financial circumstances and credit history;
- your account conduct;
- records of our communications and dealings with you, such as telephone, email, SMS, online and in-person communications.
We also collect general statistical information from our website, such as the number of visitors to the website, the number of pages viewed, the date, time and duration of visits and how the visitor came to the website. For more information, please read the section on additional technologies below.
How do we collect your information?
- your interactions with our website, such as:
- when you make an online reservation or enquiry about our products or services;
- when you register or subscribe to our services including our website and mailing list;
- when you provide information via our social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
- correspondence in person, over the telephone, email or writing.
- when you participate in any rewards programs, contests competitions or other offers.
- from third parties, including publicly available sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorized to act on your behalf.
- when you contact our Agents, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and services providers;
- from our partners and related entities within the group.
- when you apply for a job with us or seek to become a service provider or seek us to provide you services.
Do we share your information?
Any disclosure of your information is all for the primary purpose of providing our products and services.
In some circumstances, personal information is disclosed to third parties where this is related to the supply of our services, if eleXsys Group requires disclosures of this kind, you will be advised at the time you request to supply you with our services.
Personal information may be disclosed to third parties to whom eleXsys Group contract out specialised functions, such as data metering services, billing or account services providers, installation contractors, mailing houses and printing companies. If so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors comply with the Privacy Act, and are authorised only to use personal information in order to perform the functions required by the eleXsys Group program for which they have been engaged.
Do we collect ‘Sensitive Information’?
Generally, we will only collect sensitive information about you if this is required to enable us to provide our services. If we need sensitive information, we will ask for your consent before we collect this information.
How long will we keep your information?
eleXsys Group will also retain ‘usage data’ for internal analysis purposes (defined as data collected automatically either generated by the use of our services or from the service infrastructure itself -for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
How do we use your information for credit reporting?
Credit information relates primarily to your credit related dealings with us and covers various types of information that can be collected by Credit Reporting Bodies (CRBs) that report on consumer credit worthiness. eleXsys Group uses VEDA services to assess customer credit ratings.
Credit information includes:
- Personal identification information
- Basic information about your credit account (for example when it was opened)
- Details about information requests we made about you to CRBs
- Payment Information such as overdue payments, serious credit infringements and subsequent payment arrangements
- Publicly available information like bankruptcy and credit-related court judgements
This information relates primarily to your dealings with other credit providers (for example, banks, other financial institutions, or other organisations that may provide you with credit in connection with their products or services). It may also include credit worthiness information that we derive from the data that we receive from a CRB and credit eligibility information about you from other credit providers.
Do we disclose your credit information?
We may also use and disclose your credit information for other purposes and in other circumstances as and when permitted to do so by the Privacy Act. Our use and disclosure of credit eligibility information is regulated by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. We will only use or disclose such information for purposes permitted by these laws, such as:
- processing applications for a lease or Power Purchase Agreement.
- processing credit-related applications and managing credit that we provided
- assisting you to avoid defaults.
- collecting amounts you may owe us in relation to a credit arrangement or dealing with serious credit infringements.
- assigning our debts.
- participating in the credit reporting system.
- dealing with complaints or regulatory matters relating to credit or credit reporting
- as required or authorised by another law.
Can you access or correct your information?
To provide you with access to your personal information, eleXsys Group will, on request, provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our current databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on current paper files.
If you wish to access or correct errors in any of your credit information or credit eligibility information that we hold, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this document.
We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your credit eligibility information, depending on the request.
What additional technologies do we use to obtain your information?
You can disable cookies at any time using your browser options. however, if you turn off cookies, we will not be able to recognise you as a registered user to allow access to your account information.
To turn off cookies on your browser, you can follow the instructions listed here:
Linkedin Insight Tag
Please use the following link to help you opt out of cookies from LinkedIn:
Complaints and further information
Credit Information Complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint in writing as soon as practicable within 7 days. We will aim to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and ask for your agreement to extend this 30-day period (if you do not agree, we may not be able to resolve your complaint).
We may need to consult with a CRB or another credit provider to investigate your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Please forward your request, complaint or query to:
Manager of Operations
160 Samford Road
Enoggera QLD, Australia 4051
Via email to: [email protected]