1. What personal information will Planet Ark Power collect?
Personal information means any information that can identify you. We may collect your personal information, and that of other persons using our products or services, from your interactions and transactions with us including:
- When you make an online reservation or enquiry;
- When you complete a transaction with us;
- When you request information about our products or services;
- When you register or subscribe to our services including our website and mailing list;
- When you participate in any rewards programs or other offers;
- When you visit one of our partners as a part of the services we provide;
- When you visit certain parts of our website where you are invited to provide content, submissions and suggestions, visitorship data or participate in interactive online activities (i.e. community postings, voting, rating, reviewing, rewards programs, chat, my account or bulletin boards);
- When you provide information via social media pages or download any Apps such as providing your name or contact details via the our Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps;
- When you apply for a job with us or seek to become a service provider or seek us to provide you services;
- When you participate in contests or competitions;
- When you contact our partners, suppliers, associates or others within the group;
- From third parties, including public sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorised to act on your behalf.
The personal information collected may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, email address, financial circumstances, creditworthiness, credit history, concession or discount entitlement, and the conduct of your account. We may collect this information about you or your business for the purpose of supplying you with energy and other energy related products.
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- Through our websites;
- In person;
- Over the telephone including by way of monitoring and recording telephone calls;
- On hard copy forms;
- Through written communications including letters, facsimiles and emails;
- From third parties, including:
- Publicly available sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorized to act on your behalf;
- Agents, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and services providers;
- Our partners and related entities.
Generally, we will only collect sensitive information about you if this is required to enable us to provide our services. If we need sensitive information, we will ask for your consent when we collect this information.
We also collect general statistical information from our website, such as the number of visitors to the website, the number of pages viewed, the date, time and duration of visits and how the visitor came to the website. We may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and internet browser type. This information will not identify you. For more information, please read the section on cookies below.
So that we can continue to offer you great offers and promotion information, we give you the opportunity to say yes to being contacted by us by e-mail or SMS. This is totally your choice and you can opt out of future contact whenever you want by contacting us via phone or via the unsubscribe function in all our email marketing communications to the preference centre.
2. How is personal information collected and stored?
We may collect personal information about you online from an application form or orally if you call our offices or speak directly with our staff or in writing if you contact our staff by mail.
Planet Ark Power will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
3. How is personal information used?
We will use your personal information only for the main business purposes for which it was collected.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal or business information. Planet Ark Power may if necessary, disclose your personal or business information for reasons of law enforcement, energy market requirements, regulatory, safety and public wellbeing.
The personal or business information Planet Ark Power collects may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, these include:
- Provide you with the Solar and energy related services and promotions for associated offers which may be of value to you;
- Gain a better understanding of your electricity needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- Processing your orders or applications, carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- Providing you with products and/or services requested;
- Billing you or administering your account or to provide such information to Planet Ark Power’s third party service providers;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care activities;
- Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- Contacting you about our Planet Ark Power Group companies’ products and services;
- Registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of Planet Ark Power’s loyalty or reward programs and other similar schemes; and
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement of us, or in connection with legal proceedings.
Where you have agreed, the personal information we collect from you may be used by us or our associated businesses to: (i) provide you with our services or with other information you have requested (ii) notify you about other related services or promotions from time to time or (iv) manage our relationship with you. Personal information collected from you will only be used to send commercial electronic messages if your express permission has been obtained. If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about other services or promotions offered by Planet Ark Power, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
4. Will personal information be given to anyone else?
Planet Ark Power’s policy is designed to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information held by us and prevent its misuse. However, personal information may be disclosed by Planet Ark Power in the following circumstances: (i) for legal reasons, disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers (ii) in some circumstances, personal information is disclosed to third parties where this is related to the supply of our services, if Planet Ark Power makes disclosures of this kind, you will be advised of these disclosures at the time you request Planet Ark Power to supply you with our services (iv) personal information may be disclosed to third parties to whom Planet Ark Power contract out specialised functions to, such as data metering services, billing or account services providers, installation contractors, mailing houses and printing companies. If so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors comply with the Privacy Act, and are authorised only to use personal information in order to perform the functions required by the Planet Ark Power program for which they have been engaged.
5. What is Planet Ark Power’s Credit Reporting Policy and Statement?
We (Planet Ark Power) may need to determine the credit standing of potential customers as contemplated in the Privacy Act in connection with our products and services (for example, customers entering into a lease arrangement or power purchase agreement with Planet Ark Power or GoZERO Asset Management Pty Ltd) and, as a result, we may collect or obtain credit information and credit eligibility information about you as referred to in the Privacy Act. Our Credit Reporting Policy set out below describes how we manage that information. This credit reporting policy relates to Planet Ark Power and to our related entities that are deemed to be affected information recipients for the purposes of the Privacy Act.
How Planet Ark Power collects and holds credit information and credit eligibility information about Customers:
Credit information relates primarily to your credit related dealings with us and covers various types of information that can be collected by Credit Reporting Bodies (CRBs) that report on consumer credit worthiness. Planet Ark Power uses VEDA services to assess customer credit ratings.
Credit information includes:
- identification information
- basic information about your credit account (for example when it was opened)
- details about information requests we make about you to CRBs
- information about certain overdue payments and about serious credit infringements and information about payments or subsequent arrangements in relation to either of these
- various publicly available information like bankruptcy and credit-related court judgements
This information relates primarily to your dealings with other credit providers (for example, banks, other financial institutions, or other organisations that may provide you with credit in connection with their products or services). It may also include certain credit worthiness information that we derive from the data that we receive from a CRB. Sometimes we may also collect credit eligibility information about you from other credit providers.
a. How we use and when we disclose your credit information and credit eligibility information:
We may disclose your credit information to CRBs. Those CRBs may then include that information in credit reporting information that they provide to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness.
We may also use and disclose your credit information for other purposes and in other circumstances as described in our Privacy Statement, when permitted to do so by the Privacy Act.
Our use and disclosure of credit eligibility information is regulated by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. We will only use or disclose such information for purposes permitted by these laws, such as:
- processing applications for a lease or Power Purchase Agreement
- processing credit-related applications and managing credit that we provide
- assisting you to avoid defaults
- collecting amounts you may owe us in relation to such credit and dealing with serious credit infringements
- assigning our debts
- participating in the credit reporting system
- dealing with complaints or regulatory matters relating to credit or credit reporting
- as required or authorised by another law.
b. How to access or correct your credit information or credit eligibility information:
If you wish to access or correct errors in any of your credit information or credit eligibility information that we hold, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this document.
We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your credit eligibility information, depending on the request.
c. How to make a complaint regarding our compliance with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code:
If you think that we have not complied with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act or with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (which regulates credit reporting) you can make a complaint by using the contact details at the end of this document.
We will acknowledge your complaint in writing as soon as practicable within 7 days. We will aim to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and ask for your agreement to extend this 30 day period (if you do not agree, we may not be able to resolve your complaint).
We may need to consult with a CRB or another credit provider to investigate your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
6. How can you access and correct your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
To provide you with access to your personal information, Planet Ark Power will on request provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our current databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on current paper files.
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy, or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used, please forward your request, complaint or query to:
Planet Ark Power
Manager of Operations
160 Samford Road
Enoggera QLD, Australia 4051
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org